Chambers County Criminal Defense Attorney
Criminal Lawyer in Chambers County, TX, Helps Clients Pursue Favorable Resolutions to Charges in Anahuac, Baytown, Texas City, Seabrook, and Throughout Texas
Have you been arrested and charged with a crime in Chambers County? Facing the criminal justice system can be a daunting, stressful experience. You can feel isolated, thinking that everything is set up against you. That’s why you need a compassionate, dedicated legal advocate who will stand up for your interests. Turn to a Chambers County criminal defense attorney from Chernoff Law for help.
I am attorney Ed Chernoff. For more than 35 years, I’ve dedicated my legal career to working in criminal law. My experience spans both sides of the courtroom, as I spent the first five years as a practicing attorney serving as one of the Harris County DA’s office’s top prosecutors. In 1991, I decided that I wanted to serve and advocate for people who have been accused of committing crimes. And in the three-plus decades that followed, I’ve represented thousands of clients in Texas and across the country in some of the most complex and high-profile criminal cases. I’ve developed a national reputation for being a smart, tough advocate for the rights and interests of criminal defendants.
Reach out to my criminal defense firm for a free case evaluation to discuss how a criminal lawyer in Chambers County, TX, can advocate for your rights, reputation, and future if you have been arrested or charged with a crime. Let me fight to secure an optimal outcome for you in your criminal case.
Facing Criminal Charges in Texas and Have Questions? I’m Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Ed Chernoff, And I Can Protect You. Call My Office Today at 713-222-9141 or Fill Out My Online Contact Form For a Free Consultation About Your Case.
Criminal Cases in Chambers County, TX That Chernoff Law Handles
My extensive experience working in the Texas criminal justice system allows me to represent clients who are facing all kinds of state and federal charges, including:
- DWI/DUI/Intoxicated driving
- Disorderly conduct
- Resisting arrest
- Juvenile crimes
- Probation and parole violations
- White collar crimes
- Drug crimes, including possession, prescription drug fraud, distribution, trafficking, manufacture, drug conspiracy, and federal drug crimes
- Theft crimes, including shoplifting, robbery, burglary, and aggravated robbery
- Weapons offenses, including federal firearms offenses
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, statutory rape, indecent, creation/possession/distribution of child pornography, and other child sex crimes
- Assault, Family Assault and Domestic Violence
- Aggravated assault
- Violent crimes, including murder and manslaughter
- Terroristic threats, harassment, stalking, and other domestic violence offenses
I can also help you pursue an expunction of your arrest and charging records if you obtained a favorable resolution to criminal charges.
How Will a Chambers County Criminal Defense Attorney from Chernoff Law Help You Fight to Protect Your Freedom and Future?
Facing criminal prosecution can be a scary, stressful situation. You are likely worried about what may happen to you if you are convicted and sentenced. Getting legal help from a criminal lawyer in Chambers County, TX, can go a long way to providing you with ease of mind. A Chambers County criminal defense attorney can advocate on your behalf to secure a favorable resolution to your criminal case. When you turn to my and my firm at Chernoff Law, you can expect dedicated, thorough legal representation that includes:
- Taking the time to ensure you understand the details of your charges and what you can expect to occur in your case so that you are empowered to make the best decisions for your interests
- Independently investigating the facts of the case to obtain all available evidence so that I can prepare a thorough defense strategy for you
- Protecting your most important rights by going to court to exclude prosecution evidence that was unlawfully obtained from you
- Pursuing a swift resolution of your case by moving to reduce or dismiss charges when the prosecution lacks sufficient evidence to bring you to trial
- Aggressively pursuing the most favorable outcome to your charges, either by obtaining a fair plea agreement if appropriate, or by vigorously advocating in your defense if you decide to go to trial
I don’t have the words to express how grateful we are for Mr. Chernoff and his team. They always kept us updated and were available for any questions we had. They were able to obtain the best possible outcome. I would definitely use him again and highly recommend him.
Ed saved my life and career. Incredible lawyer if you’re in trouble.
He put my fears at ease and helped me get my case dismissed and my life back on track. I would highly recommend hiring Ed and letting him do the same for you.
Contact Chernoff Law to Go Over Your Legal Options with an Experienced Criminal Lawyer in Chambers County, TX
Contact me today for a confidential consultation to discuss your options and learn more about what to expect throughout the criminal justice process. Get the legal advocacy you need and deserve from a compassionate, aggressive Chambers County criminal defense attorney.
About Chambers County, TX
Chambers County, TX, is a county in the Greater Houston metropolitan area. The county was founded in 1858, named for Thomas Jefferson Chambers, a major general in the Texas Revolution. Chambers County’s county seat is Anahuac. The county was a sparsely populated farming community until the Texas oil boom, which brought new residents to the area looking for work in refineries and shipyards. Today, Chambers County has taken on a more suburban character as many residents commute to Houston for work.
Chernoff Law is Committed to Answering Your Questions. I Offer a Free Consultation and I’ll Gladly Discuss Your Case With You at Your Convenience. Contact Me Today to Schedule an Appointment.
Legal and Court Resources in Chambers County
Chambers County Jail
201 N Court St
Anahuac, TX 77514
Phone: (409) 267-2500
Chambers County Courthouse
404 Washington Ave 3rd floor
Anahuac, TX 77514
Phone: (409) 267-2400
404 Washington Avenue
Anahuac, Texas 77514
Phone: (409) 267-2400
- Tax Office
- Renew vehicle registration
- Justice of the Peace
- Pay tickets
- County Clerk
- District Clerk
- Search through online court case records
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Defense in Chambers County, TX
While you may be concerned about the cost of hiring a private criminal defense lawyer, you should bear in mind that a public defender may not be an option for you. Courts normally only appoint public defenders for people who lack the financial resources to hire an attorney. In addition, a private criminal defense attorney will likely have more time and resources to devote to your case. An experienced criminal lawyer can make a difference in the outcome of your case, so you usually get what you pay for. You should contact criminal defense attorneys to understand the fees that they charge and to learn more about the payment options they offer, such as accepting credit cards or payment plans.
Remember that you always have the right to remain silent when you are detained or arrested by the police. You do not have to answer any questions about any crimes that the police may be investigating. If police officers or investigators begin asking you questions about possible crimes, politely inform the officers that you are exercising your right to remain silent and then keep silent. You should also tell the officers that you want to speak to a lawyer, which means the police must cease questioning you until you have consulted with an attorney.