Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorney
Criminal Lawyer in Fort Bend County, TX, Advocates for the Rights and Freedom of Clients Facing Charges in Pearland, Richmond, Rosenberg, Sugarland, and Throughout Texas
Are you facing criminal charges in Fort Bend County, TX? Being charged with a crime can be a daunting, stressful experience, especially when it seems like the whole criminal justice system is against you. That’s why having an experienced Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney from Chernoff Law is important. You don’t have to stand up for your rights on your own. Let me advocate on your behalf.
I am attorney Ed Chernoff, and I have been a practicing attorney in criminal law for over 35 years. In that time, I’ve worked on both sides of criminal cases, having served five years as a top prosecutor at the Harris County DA’s office. But in 1991, I decided to take the experience and insights I gained as a prosecutor to advocate for the rights and interests of criminal defendants. Since then, I’ve represented thousands of clients in Texas and across the country, earning a proven record of success in some of the most complex and high-profile cases. I’ve developed a national reputation of being a tough defender of my clients’ freedom, reputation and future.
Reach out to my criminal defense firm for a free case evaluation to speak to a criminal lawyer in Fort Bend County, TX, about your legal options for resolving your criminal charges. You can expect that I will fight as hard as necessary to pursue the best possible outcome for you in your case.
Facing Criminal Charges in Texas and Have Questions? I’m Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Ed Chernoff, And I Can Protect You. Call My Office Today at 713-222-9141 or Fill Out My Online Contact Form For a Free Consultation About Your Case.
Chernoff Law Handles All Types of Criminal Matters in Fort Bend County, TX
With over three decades working in the criminal justice system, I have the knowledge and experience to help clients face all types of state or federal criminal charges, including:
- DWI/DUI/Intoxicated driving
- Drug crimes, including possession, prescription drug fraud, distribution, trafficking, manufacture, drug conspiracy, and federal drug crimes
- Domestic Violence and Family Assault
- Aggravated assault
- Theft crimes, including shoplifting, robbery, burglary, and aggravated robbery
- Weapons offenses, including federal firearms offenses
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, statutory rape, indecent, creation/possession/distribution of child pornography, and other child sex crimes
- Violent crimes, including murder and manslaughter
- White collar crimes
- Terroristic threats, harassment, stalking, and other domestic violence offenses
- Disorderly conduct
- Resisting arrest
- Juvenile crimes
- Probation and parole violations
I also represent clients who are seeking expunction of their criminal record after obtaining a favorable resolution of criminal charges.
Turn to a Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorney from Chernoff Law for Help Defending Yourself Against Your Charges
Being arrested and charged with a crime can be an isolating experience. It may often seem like the entire system is set up against you. This makes it important to have a dedicated legal advocate in your corner who can stand up for your interests and level the playing field for you. You deserve help from an experienced criminal lawyer in Fort Bend County, TX. Turn to me and my firm at Chernoff Law for assistance with all the details and stages of your criminal case, including:
- Reviewing your charges and understanding possible outcomes and what to expect during prosecution
- Investigating the facts and circumstances in the case to ensure you have all available evidence
- Identifying viable defenses and preparing an effective case strategy based on your needs and goals for the case
- Protecting your rights as a criminal defendant by moving to exclude evidence that may have been obtained from you in an unlawful search or interrogation
- Moving to dismiss or reduce your charges when the prosecution’s case lacks sufficient evidence to try you
- Pursuing the best possible resolution to your charges in a negotiated plea agreement, if appropriate, or by going to trial when you choose to fight your charges
I don’t have the words to express how grateful we are for Mr. Chernoff and his team. They always kept us updated and were available for any questions we had. They were able to obtain the best possible outcome. I would definitely use him again and highly recommend him.
Ed saved my life and career. Incredible lawyer if you’re in trouble.
He put my fears at ease and helped me get my case dismissed and my life back on track. I would highly recommend hiring Ed and letting him do the same for you.
Contact Chernoff Law to Learn More About Your Legal Options and the Criminal Justice System from a Criminal Lawyer in Fort Bend County, TX
Don’t leave the outcome of your criminal case to chance. Get experienced legal representation that can make a difference for you. Contact me today for a confidential consultation to discuss your charges with a Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney.
About Fort Bend County, TX
Fort Bend County, TX, is a county that is part of the Greater Houston metro area. It was founded in 1837 and organized the following year. Fort Bend County was named for a blockhouse fortification that was built on a bend of the Brazos River, with the first community developing around the fort. Fort Bend County’s county seat is Richmond, while its largest city is Sugar Land. In 2015, Fort Bend County became Texas’s wealthiest county, while in 2017 Forbes ranked it as the fifth-fastest growing county in the U.S. While Fort Bend County began as a farming community, in the latter half of the 20th century the county’s character shifted to a more suburban feel with the construction of numerous master-planned communities.
Chernoff Law is Committed to Answering Your Questions. I Offer a Free Consultation and I’ll Gladly Discuss Your Case With You at Your Convenience. Contact Me Today to Schedule an Appointment.
Legal and Court Resources in Fort Bend County
Fort Bend County Courts-at-Law
1422 Eugene Heimann Cir
Richmond, TX 77469
Phone: (281) 342-3411
Fort Bend County Jail
1410 Williams Way Blvd
Richmond, TX 77469
Phone: (281) 341-4735
Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office
1840 Richmond Pkwy
Richmond, TX 77469
Phone: (281) 341-4665
Fort Bend County District Attorney
1422 Eugene Heimann Cir
Richmond, TX 77469
Phone: (281) 341-4460
Fort Bend County Justice Courts
Precinct 1 Constable’s Office deputies perform duties as the Justice Court bailiff. They are required to keep the peace and maintain a presence at every session of court.
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 1
- Address: 3114 Rosenberg St., Needville, TX 77461
- Telephone: 979-793-3403 or 832-471-2550
- Fax: 832-471-2563
- Email: email@example.com
- Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 2
- Address: 1517 Eugene Heimann Circle, Suite 100 Richmond, TX 77469
- Telephone: 281-341-3742
- Fax: 281-341-3746
Fort Bend County Justice of the Peace
12919 Dairy Ashford Rd # 100
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Phone: (281) 491-6016
Frequently Asked Questions About Criminal Defense in Fort Bend County, TX
If you believe that you are being illegally searched by the police, do not attempt to resist the search. Resisting even an unlawful search by the police may be charged as a separate crime. Instead, I will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the search to find evidence and develop an argument to show that the search occurred in violation of your constitutional rights.
Yes. You should not wait until you are arrested or charged with a crime to start preparing a defense strategy. A criminal defense lawyer can go to work investigating your case and recovering evidence that your attorney may be able to use to clear your name and end the investigation against you. An attorney can also provide significant help if prosecutors do decide to charge you, arranging your surrender so that you may be able to avoid being arrested and detained in jail.